10.29.2010

Witches, magic and candy, Oh My!


Its official, Halloween is here! Though I won’t be home for Halloween this year, its fun to think of what all the little kids on my street will be dressed up as. Last year we had quite a variety of costumes. From kids still keeping the “Scream” mask alive, to Bob the Builder, we had it all. I remember as a kid preparing for Halloween weeks in advance. I would plan a costume for school, a costume for Trick or Treat and if need be, a costume for the “Halloween Dance” at school. Ah, those were the days. Hours and hours spent trying to find just the right type of glitter and the ugliest prom dress I could find…pure bliss. This year, I’m stepping it up a notch and going to OU for Halloween. I’m a little terrified, but horribly excited at the same time. My two best friends live in an apartment on Court Street, apparently the party stretches down Court (the roads are closed) for a few miles and people walk back and forth showing off their costumes and visiting with friends. It sounds so simple to be so chaotic and trouble causing…oh well, we will have to see! One thing Halloween always reminds me of…the child inside my heart is still there. Itching to go and find just the right glitter…But really, I’m going as a fairy…I’ve got to get to the store and pick up some glitter! HAPPY HALLOWEEN, GO WATCH HOCUS POCUS!!



No comments:

Post a Comment